PRIVACY AND COOKIES
Diamante Eco Adventure Park offers adventure services through its own websites and mobile apps and through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media. The information that follows applies to all of these platforms. Diamante Eco Adventure Park may amend the Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time; so visit this page regularly to keep abreast of the updates. If you disagree with this Privacy and Cookies Policy, you should discontinue using our services.
www.DiamanteEcoAdventurePark.com strives to maintain the highest standards of decency, fairness and integrity in all its operations. Likewise, we are dedicated to protecting all of our customers complete privacy on our website.
What kind of personal information does Diamante Eco Adventure Park use?
When you make a reservation, you are asked for your name and email address. You might also be asked for your home address, telephone number, payment information, the names of guests traveling with you and your preferences for your visit.
When you visit our websites, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why does Diamante Eco Adventure Park collect, use and share your personal data?
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details to the services you have booked.
- Customer service: We provide customer service from our local offices in Costa Rica.
- Guest reviews: We use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your visit. This can help other travelers to choose the adventure that suits them best.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a reservation with us we may use your contact information to send you news about Diamante Eco Adventure Park and its services. With your consent – if consent is required under local law – we may also send you other regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the “Unsubscribe” link in each newsletter.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with Diamante Eco Adventure Park’s online reservations booking.
- We may also send you other material related to your reservations, such as how to contact Diamante Eco Adventure Park if you need assistance and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning your trip or getting the best out of your visit.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our reservations service.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to cookies and similar technologies (hereafter together referred to as “cookies”).
Why are cookies used?
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognized as the same user across pages. Cookies allow you to be recognized as the same user across the pages of a website. Cookies also allow your choices to be remembered – choices such as the language you prefer, the currency you use and your search criteria. They will also make sure you are recognized when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorized according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
How are cookies used?
Our website uses the following types of cookie:
- Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
Who has access to www.DiamanteEcoAdventurePark.com cookie data?
What security procedures does www.DiamanteEcoAdventurePark.com put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with United States data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal data.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
We store your credit card details – when they are needed as part of the reservation process – for a maximum of 10 days. After that, your credit card data will be either permanently deleted from our systems or will remain hashed in our system for fraud detection purposes.
Updates and Effective Date
Agreeing to Terms
© Copyright. DIAMANTE ECO ADVENTURE PARK with the design is a registered trademark in the United States and Costa Rica. DIAMANTE ECO ADVENTURE PARK and THE ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE are trademarks of DEAP, LLC.